New Born Screening
- Program launched by Hon’ble Health Minister Shri. Vishwajeet Rane
- 6th August 2018, State level function at Goa Medical College, Bambolim
- Training of all concerned staff nurses and Doctors at GMC, Both District Hospitals & peripheral community health centres.
- New Born Screening collection initiated at all the delivery points for new borns after 24 to 48 hrs of birth.
- Reports received within 7 days of collection of samples.
- Positive samples are retested for confirmation.
- Blood collected from New Born from antenatal ward /post natal ward and ward adjacent to labour room.
- Staff Nurse incharge informs the parents of the New Born regarding New Born screening and its importance.
- Staff Nurse incharge notes down the parents contact numbers.
- Parents of the newborns are informed to come for follow up at the Paediatric OPD, 7 days after delivery where they are given NBS reports and if positive they are guided by the Paediatrician.
- If the reports are received after 7 days, the reports are collected from the post natal ward.
Total number of babies screened till 15/6/2019 – 8923
Total confirmed Positive – 38
G6PD – 32
CH – 04
CAH – 01
Biotinidase deficiency – 01
- NBS collections initially started in :
- GMC – 9/8/2018
- Hospicio – 14/8/2018
- Asilo – 20/8/2018
- SDH Ponda – 28/8/2018
Now NBS collections done at all delivery points
- New Born Screening Status Report from August 2018 to May 2019
- New Born Screening Status Report from January 2019 to February 2019
- New Born Screening Status Report from March 2019 to May 2019