Antenatal Women should take the following measures
- Register with the nearest health center in the first trimester.
- At least 3 Ante-Natal Checkups are mandatory.
- Have blood pressure checked at each visit.
- Have blood and urine examined at 1st visit.
- Weight checkup at each visit is important to assure weight gain during pregnancy.
- Take two TT injections. TT1 when pregnancy is confirmed & TT2 after 1 month
- Take 1 tablet of iron and folic acid a day for at least 3 months.
- Consume variety of foods rich in nutrients.
- Use only adequate iodized salt.
To ensure this the following things are introduced:
- Antenatal cards are introduced.
- Mother and Child Protection Cards are introduced and used for the registration of every mother and child.
- Timely management of Gestational Diabetes. Notification for mandatory screening of pregnant mothers for diabetes issued on 23rd May 2011.