Effective implementation of the PC-PNDT act in undertaken in the state of Goa. A State Supervisory Board headed by Hon’ble Minister for Health supervises the implementation at state level and regular meetings are held at four months interval. The District Magistrates both North and South have been appointed as District Appropriate Authorities.
Sex ratio at birth (Reg. of B&D)
Sex Ratio (females per 1000 males)
0-6 years (Census)
|1991||2001||Difference 2001-1991||2011||Difference 2011-2001|
Keeping in view in the above decline in the sex ratio, the following activities are undertaken to promote awareness on the PC-PNDT Act and Save the Girl Child programme.
- Sensitization of the media personnel
- Advocacy for judiciary and elected representatives
- Publicity through the electronic media by way of scroll messages, talk shows, phone in programmes etc.
- Display of hoardings on buses/public transport/river navigation services
- Print media by way of advertisements.
- Message letters to newlywed couples at marriage registration counters.
- Production of other IEC material like stickers, posters, handbills, calendars.
- Awraeness in VHNDs, community level meeting, PRI meeting and gram Sabhas
- Awareness activities also carried out by IEC cell of State Family Welfare Bureau
Registration of Genetic Clinics
The Number of Registered Ultrasound Clinics/Imaging Centers
|North Goa||South Goa|
· Static – 9
· Mobile – 4
· Static – 6
· Mobile – 0
|Private- 81||Private – 54|
Click to view list of Registered Ultrasound Centres
District Appropriate Authority: District Appropriate Authority:
The District Magistrate, The District Magistrate,
North Goa District, Panaji. 403001. South Goa District, Margao. 403601.